OPTIONAL COVERAGE UNDER YOUR ICBC POLICY
In addition to your Basic Autoplan coverage, you have the option of purchasing additional coverage on top of certain components of your basic coverage, and/or additional coverage with respect to your vehicle.
OPTIONAL COVERAGE : ADDING on to YOUR BASIC COVERAGE
- extended third party liability : your basic coverage only provides $200,000 in coverage in the event that you cause an accident; you have the option of purchasing in excess of this amount, all the way up to $5 million dollars ; commercial vehicles used for commercial use have $1 million in basic coverage ($2 million if they carry dangerous goods), and have the option of purchasing up to $10 million in extended third party liability coverage
- extended Underinsured Motorist Protection : your basic coverage provides $1 million dollars in coverage should someone else cause the motor vehicle accident; you have the option of purchasing in excess of this amount, up to $ 2 million dollars, to cover you in the event that you sustain serious injuries, and the opposing party does not have insurance coverage ; this coverage protects you and anyone else in your vehicle, yourself in another vehicle, and members of your household in any vehicle, except if they own it, and if they are injured as a pedestrian or cyclis.
OPTIONAL COVERAGE : VEHICLE DAMAGE and VEHICLE RENTALS
- collision : this coverage ensures that you are covered for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if you are at fault for the motor vehicle accident ; if you do not have collision coverage, and you are at fault for the motor vehicle accident, then you will not be covered for repairs or replacement
- comprehensive : this form of optional insurance provides coverage for anything not covered by your collision coverage, such as theft, break-ins, vandalism, rock chips, hail, lightning, earthquake, other weather related incidents, and civil commotion and riots
- specified perils coverage : this is similar to comprehensive insurance coverage, but instead covers a list of specific risks and perils, such as lightning, hail, theft, earthquake, explosion, and civil commotion riots, however does not include vandalism, malicious mischief, or vandalism
- new vehicle : the three forms of coverage with respect to this type of optional coverage include : New Vehicle Replacement Plus, Replacement Cost, and Limited Depreciation
- rental vehicle : to cover the cost of a rental car in the event of a motor vehicle accident, you have the option of purchasing RoadSide Plus, and/or RoadStar package
HOW WE CAN HELP
At Veale Law, we offer you a free consultation to discuss your case, and to advise you of your legal rights and obligations. For a free consultation, call us 24 hours a day at either 604-685-2833 or toll free at 1-855-685-2833, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our free consultation form on the right.
We also offer you a legal contingency fee of 20%, the lowest in the province of British Columbia for a motor vehicle accident. On an average ICBC injury claim, this can save you thousands of dollars. If you have an existing offer from ICBC, and would like us to finalize your matter for you, you will not be charged a fee on the amount of your existing offer from ICBC, and our fee will only be based on any amount recovered in excess of your current offer. You don’t pay us anything up front, you don’t make any payments along the way, and you don’t pay us anything until we resolve your ICBC injury claim for you. In reality, no money ever leaves your pockets, as our fee comes out of the settlement money. For your convenience, home and hospital appointments are also available.
We also serve clients throughout British Columbia, whether you are a resident of British Columbia, or a non-resident of British Columbia, that have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in British Columbia.
There are many benefits to having Veale Law represent you:
- Protection of your legal rights
- Explanation of your legal obligations
- Dealing with ICBC on your behalf
- Payment of disbursements on your behalf
- Explanation of what damages you can claim
- Maximization of the value of your injury claim
If you elect to have Veale Law represent you, we will do so with passion and dedication. We keep fully abreast with the current case law. We will apply our legal knowledge, experience, and skills to the facts of your case in order to achieve the best possible result for you. ICBC has trained adjusters and experienced lawyers representing their interests. You need someone to protect yours.