BENEFITS of HAVING VEALE LAW on YOUR SIDE
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, your primary concern must be your health, and seeking immediate medical attention if required. Thereafter, it is in your best interests to seek free legal advice before proceeding. By signing a statement with ICBC before consulting with Veale Law, you could be seriously jeopardizing your injury claim. There are several benefits to you of having Veale Law represent you in your dealings with ICBC.
1. VEALE LAW WILL SAVE YOU MONEY on YOUR ICBC CLAIM, by only charging you a flat 20% legal fee no matter what stage your ICBC claim settles at, by not charging you a legal fee on any existing ICBC offer you obtained while self-represented, and by not charging you interest on disbursements incurred on your behalf, like most other lawyers do.
2. VEALE LAW WILL PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, including meeting all time limits and deadlines on your behalf. Depending on the nature of your ICBC injury claim, there can be several different time limits and deadlines that apply to your specific case. Failing to meet a time limit or deadline could result in your claim being dismissed, meaning you get nothing whatsoever for your injuries. There are also many instances of people who may believe that they do not even have a claim to begin with, when in fact they do. Such situations can include infant claims, being the victim of a hit and run accident, or being struck by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
3. VEALE LAW WILL SAVE YOU TIME WITH RESPECT to YOUR ICBC CLAIM, by being able to meet with you at several convenient Lower Mainland locations, by being able to meet with you at your residence, by being able to meet with you at a hospital, and generally throughout the course of your ICBC claim by dealing directly with ICBC on your behalf, thereby allowing you to focus on what is most important, your recovery and your return to your pre-accident state of health.
4. VEALE LAW WILL EXPLAIN YOUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS TO YOU. For example, you are under a legal duty to mitigate your damages by taking reasonable and active steps to rehabilitate yourself. With respect to an ICBC injury claim, the onus is on the Defendant to prove that you could have avoided all or a portion of your loss. If you do not follow a course of medical treatment recommended to you by your doctors, the Defendant must prove two things: (1) that you acted unreasonably in foregoing the recommended treatment, and (2) the extent, if any, that your damages would have been reduced had you acted reasonably. Should you fail to act reasonably, there could be a deduction in the value of your claim for failure to mitigate.
5. VEALE LAW WILL DEAL WITH ICBC ON YOUR BEHALF, which will take a great deal of stress and inconvenience out of your life. To many people, this is a very important benefit of having counsel act on their behalf.
6. VEALE LAW WILL PAY ALL DISBURSEMENTS ON YOUR BEHALF throughout the conduct of your matter. When settling your case, ICBC wants to see medical documentation in support of your injuries. Some medical reports can run into the thousands of dollars, and the total amount of disbursements on some files can run into the tens of thousands. For the most part, unrepresented parties cannot afford such disbursements, and often settle too early, and for far too less money, as a result of not being able to afford to prolong the matter to get proper compensation for their injuries.
7. VEALE LAW WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU THE VARIOUS FORMS OF DAMAGES YOU CAN CLAIM FOR. Many unrepresented people are simply unaware of many of the components that make up an ICBC injury claim. Quite often, injured people without a lawyer will not get fair value for their injury claim, for the simple fact that they do not know the different kinds of damages that can be claimed for, and to what extent.
8. VEALE LAW WILL HELP MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF YOUR INJURY CLAIM. Unrepresented parties typically receive substantially lower offers from ICBC. At Veale Law, we will apply our skill and expertise to the specific facts of your case in order to obtain maximum compensation for you. ICBC has trained adjusters and lawyers representing their interests. You need someone to represent yours. Don’t be shortchanged.
HOW WE CAN HELP
At Veale Law, we offer you a free consultation to discuss your case, and to advise you of your legal rights and obligations. For a free consultation, call us 24 hours a day at either 604-685-2833 or toll free at 1-855-685-2833, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our free consultation form on the right.
We also offer you a legal contingency fee of 20%, the lowest in the province of British Columbia for a motor vehicle accident. On an average ICBC injury claim, this can save you thousands of dollars. If you have an existing offer from ICBC, and would like us to finalize your matter for you, you will not be charged a fee on the amount of your existing offer from ICBC, and our fee will only be based on any amount recovered in excess of your current offer. You don’t pay us anything up front, you don’t make any payments along the way, and you don’t pay us anything until we resolve your ICBC injury claim for you. In reality, no money ever leaves your pockets, as our fee comes out of the settlement money. For your convenience, home and hospital appointments are also available.
We also serve clients throughout British Columbia, whether you are a resident of British Columbia, or a non-resident of British Columbia, that have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in British Columbia.
There are many benefits to having Veale Law represent you:
- Protection of your legal rights
- Explanation of your legal obligations
- Dealing with ICBC on your behalf
- Payment of disbursements on your behalf
- Explanation of what damages you can claim
- Maximization of the value of your injury claim
If you elect to have Veale Law represent you, we will do so with passion and dedication. We keep fully abreast with the current case law. We will apply our legal knowledge, experience, and skills to the facts of your case in order to achieve the best possible result for you. ICBC has trained adjusters and experienced lawyers representing their interests. You need someone to protect yours.